Saturday, May 7, 2011

good birthday

Yesterday was, as I've been saying to anybody who'll listen, the 17th anniversary of my 39th birthday. Instead of a regular workday, we had a training on ethics and law (from an excellent trainer; we had her 2 years ago, and I hope we get her again when the requirement is due). My voice can be described as Stentorian, so I'm called upon to call the meeting to order; I did it yesterday by getting all of the assembled co-workers to sing happy birthday... to me!

In the evening, wife and I went out for a quick pizza, the to volunteer at the North Brunswick Library Book Sale, which this year is a three-day event. I'll be too busy to go for the other days; today is a metric century (100-km) training ride for the Anchor House Ride, and tomorrow is Mother's Day (although I hope to get a quick 40 miles in before lunch).

After the library gig, we went to Rockin' Joe's, a nifty coffee shop in South Brunswick, for which my excellent wife had (of course) a coupon. We'll definitely return when the occasion calls for it and our calorie allowances have the capacity.

Good day. Happy birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment