Wednesday, May 11, 2011

a teaspoon of ptsd

It's been hard to get on the bike after the accident referred to in the previous post; it's been hard even thinking about it. I've gone around the neighborhood a few times... a route I used to do in my street clothes. I still do it in my street clothes, but I put on a helmet now. And I've been swearing at drivers who come closer or faster than I'd like.

It's better than it was a couple of days ago, and I'm sure it will continue to improve.

Nonetheless, some of my anxiety-disorder thoughts are returning, and I'm back to the basic stuff I was doing when I was seeing the shrink last fall. PTSD and my other anxiety disorder are related, and the thoughts and images of the accident are causing the other stuff to leak through.

It's supposed to rain this weekend, and I can't really say I'm unhappy about that; I won't be expected on a group ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment