Sunday, January 29, 2012

charity ride updates and saturday ride

First, I got some new info about some charity rides, and updated the other, new project blog. Go check it out. One of the updates is about the Franklin Township Food Bank Tour de Franklin, which is about as local to me as a charity ride gets (Franklin Township starts at the end of my block). I did this ride last year at the suggestion of an anonymous fellow rider I met on the road, and had a great time. This year, it's on my 57th birthday. I may try to get a group to do the metric century, although I remember it was an early start (some of my recollections are on the event post on the other blog.


Yesterday, Laura OLPH led an invitational ride (invitational because she didn't see anything she liked in the Princeton Freewheelers ride list, and it was way too late to run anything there). We were able to avoid some kind of event in Lambertville, and still had good distance with a decent, but not unmanageable, amount of climbing (the link goes to the Ride with GPS site, mostly because they always show the largest amount of climb among all the sites we use. We hope that this is because they use better algorithms for determining altitude, and not just to feed our egos!). I didn't eat enough, and was sufferin' through the last fifteen miles or so, but it was still a fun ride on a pretty day. (And if I didn't eat enough, how come I'm still gaining weight over the last two days? There's no justice.)


Today, I'll be goin' out later for a ride for a pal's 60th birthday; I'll plan to sweep. He's invited a group big enough to have its own zip code, and the ride will probably be short; there is a non-zero possibility that the first riders will be pulling back into the start as the last riders are leaving... which will make my sweep responsibilities easy. I may post about that ride later.

No comments:

Post a Comment