Monday, January 16, 2012

need some discipline & routine

I'm near the end of a four-day weekend during which it's been too cold to ride, and for which I had few plans. I did get out to buy a rack for the city bike (on a gift certificate we won at the Princeton Freewheeler's Holiday Party), and I learned that the garage door opener replacement I have my eye on goes on and off sale (it was about $150 at Sears when I looked before New Year's, then about $180 last week; now the price is back down... but the price is steady at Home Depot, although it's not available at all stores...).


... and got out to a chamber music concert with the excellent wife and friends at the Westminster Choir College, followed by excellent pizza at Conte's...


But I've had entirely too much free time. I've been eating too much junk, and I'm now up to a weight I haven't been since June of 2009. I've been wallowing in self-pity and lack of direction. I haven't heard from some people from whom I usually am in frequent contact, and I'm afraid I have inadvertently upset one or more of them. I've put in an application for another job, the description of which seems to suit my experience and talents, and now I can't tell which is more worrisome to me: that I might not hear from them, or that I might.


I doubt any of this would have happened if I had simply had more to do. Unstructured time is not my friend.

Speaking of friends, it's time to email a friend who's selling a house, and whom we're planning to visit in the spring. The only way to get out of this funk is to take some action.

(I'm planning to install the garage door opener myself when the weather's a bit warmer. Y'wanna help?)

No comments:

Post a Comment