Wednesday, July 4, 2012

good enough

Although I had plans to ride to the Freewheelers All-Paces ride today with Ed C, it rained twice today before 8am, and by the time the weather cleared, it was too late for me to get to the start in time. So I went on a ride by myself.

I had previously agreed with The Excellent Wife that I wouldn't ride to work, but I took a ride that way today because I figured traffic would be light on the holiday. I continued into New Brunswick, then along Easton Ave, then down to 514/Amwell Road. I took a back way through Colonial Park, then down the canal, and back home. 26 miles, average 16.8.

The best part was I did it on the commuter bike (see the bottom of the linked post), wearing my cotton McBride Ride t-shirt, civilian shorts, and Teva sandals. Take that, Strava-nauts.

No comments:

Post a Comment