Saturday, August 18, 2012

saturday

I couldn't decide which ride to do today: it was between Don S.'s Belmar Century (slogan 1: "The shortest distance between two points has nothing to do with the way we go to Belmar"; slogan 2: "Slow and steady gets you back with enough energy so you don't fall asleep on the drive home"), and Laura OLPH's Pennington to Round Valley Reservoir ride, but I didn't have to decide - due to rain this morning, Laura cancelled her ride, and Don postponed his for a day.

Instead, The Excellent Wife (TEW) and I, after a leisurely morning (and where's that "I before E" rule in that word "leisurely, huh?), went out to see Paranorman in 3D. It's a nifty stop-motion story about a kid who sees ghosts, and it's got themes in it (as TEW pointed out to me) that are topical to bullying and Columbine. (But it is, first and foremost, a good story.) We went to the 9:45 am show like the budding senior-citizens we are. On the way back, TEW and I were discussing whether I should get a supply of t-shirts that ask, "Where's my d-mn Senior Discount?", or whether I should just have it tattooed across my forehead.

By the time we got back, the sun was out, so I got in this ride. And how come the average is 19.3 on that page (Garmin), but 19.4 on Strava?

Tomorrow, I hope to do Tom H's Lake Nockamixon ride, if I can find the starting point by 8:30 am.

I'd better leave by 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment