Saturday, August 11, 2012

short, fast ride, & museum visit.

The weather prediction is iffy today, so The Excellent Wife (TEW) and I opted to try to get to see Measure for Measure at the NJ Shakespeare Festival, but when she tried to get tickets, there were no good places available. I had gone to bed last night by the time she tried, and woke up to an email from her to that effect (we have interesting communications styles for a more-or-less happily-married couple). Instead, we decided to go see the Michener Museum in Doylestown today.

That means leaving the house at about 12:30 pm. She went to see a movie this morning. I hate being stuck in movie theaters (I have none of the same qualms about live plays; crazy is as crazy does), so I didn't go. Instead, I did a quick ride from home, down Canal Road to 518 and back. Just about 20 miles, 20.1 average before the cool down. I bonked a bit; I didn't really have it in me to go that hard, and I couldn't have done the hill at Coppermine Road at all today.

Laura OLPH is planning to join the Bike Club of Philadelphia on a ride to Belmar from Etra tomorrow; with an early start and an adjusted start location, we can make a century out of it. I'm planning to do that, so I'm not feeling cheated about today's short ride - and an occasional unplanned date with TEW helps to keep the marriage wheels turning smoothly, as well.

If the Michener museum is cool, I'll update later.

No comments:

Post a Comment