Saturday, August 25, 2012

seven women, two men ride

Slow ride today; I was sweeping a hill newbie. I gotta give her credit; she had a lot of courage to get through it all; I hope she comes back.

The ride was chiefly notable to me because it had seven women and two men (Blake and me). I don't remember all the women's names; Cheryl led, of course, and Laura OLPH, Erin, Jen-the-triathonner, and Laurel, a geology prof at Princeton... and two others, a younger woman from Canada via California, who was rippin' up some hills (was her name Vanessa?), and a part-time Kentucky, part-time Jersey resident whose name, despite her telling me, is simply gone. (Sorry...)

This route.Most of the hilly stuff was in the second half. Cheryl said she got 3000 feet of climb, but Garmin says 2729 and Strava says 2485. Much prettiness (which we made a point of looking for). Laura got a picture or two; check out her post in a few days (she doesn't get her posts up as quickly as I, but she's much more detailed, and her memory of what went on is much more reliable).

Now back; doing the last-minute cleaning of the house before the in-laws come to inspect the new kitchen and other recent upgrades. Hopin' for no rain, so I can go on Gary W's ride tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, when I mapped what I did today with ridewithgps, it gave me 3316 feet. Subtract a few hundred for my trips to and from Pennington and you're still over 3K. Cheryl and I are using the same software, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mapmyride shows 1437 feet. RidewithGPS shows 3316. Garmin says 2729 and Strava says 2485. The average is 2491; the range is 1048 (which is huge!). I don't know whom to trust. If we throw out the two extremes, the average is 2607, and I think that might be closest to correct. I like using RidewithGPS for the elevations, but I'm suspicious that their number is always so much higher than everyone else's; I wonder if it's a ploy to bring more people to their site.

    ReplyDelete