Saturday, January 5, 2013

gizmag top 10 cycling innovations...

In my web stumblings this morning, I came on this article from Gizmag about their top ten cycling innovations of 2012. They include some I've posted about, and some I'd not seen (friend Dave C. sends the post over when there's something he thinks might get my attention, and when he thinks of it - thanks, Dave).

Gizmag's top ten includes the Tiso electronic shift system, which I posted about. Other than that, they seem to go for the gee-whiz (and expensive) rather than the useful. I wasn't impressed with this change-the-tire-pressure-as-you-go system:


...or the floor pump in a seatpost:



IN fact, there's not a one of the things they show in which I have the slightest interest (maybe I'm getting too retro-grouchy). But the thing that really sets me off is this Bi-cymple:


I've already waxed grumptastic about that, but just looking at that picture brings it all back. Those pedals are behind the saddle. I'm in pretty good shape, but I can't imagine riding in that position. My midsection starts to hurt just looking at that thing. (By the way, in case you didn't see the article or my other post, both the handlebars and the seatpost turn. Good for tricks, I guess, but not much else.)

No comments:

Post a Comment