Saturday, December 14, 2013

calories burned while biking

With nothing much else to do today, I was clicking through the other bike club links on the Princeton Freewheelers website to see which of the other clubs linked have some rides posted online. Of ALL of the club sites listed, in five states (totaling about thirty: some of the sites are race teams or other specialty sites), only two do NOT have at least some rides listed online: Doubles of the Garden State and the Shore Cycle Club. Even the gay club, Outbike NJ, has some rides listed... although they're from 2012.

Grump, grump, grump. The Freewheelers really is the unfriendliest, most demanding club in the Middle Atlantic. I don't have time now to get on the board to agitate to change this (I'm on my condo board, and I'm trying to be the voice of individual freedom against the voices of thoughtless conformity), but I do intend to go to a board meeting and ask to be able to say I represent the club when I contact the half-dozen nearest-by clubs about what software they use to list rides online, and whether they had any unforeseen problems when they did so (or foreseen problems, for that matter).

But that's not why I'm writing this post.

Also among the links was this Calculator for Calories Burned While Biking. (I originally had it in the body of this post and in the right sidebar, but having it on the page twice seemed to be giving the browsers indigestion.. so scroll down and see it in the lower right.)

I think it's pretty cool. They included the code, and Blogger let me add it as a widget on the right side of the page. So if you want to check your calories burned, come on over to Seeming Verb, plug in the numbers, and go.

(You can lie about your weight if you want to. I won't tell. I won't even know!)

No comments:

Post a Comment