Monday, November 10, 2014

spoke magazine. i hope they make it.

So there's a group of kids (hey, they're young enough to be MY kids) in Philly launching a print, dead-tree-edition, ink-on-paper, hold-it-in-your-hands magazine about bikes in Philadelphia. They're gonna give it away for free in "coffee shops, bike shops, and bike-friendly businesses throughout the city."

They had a table at the Philly Bike Expo to which I went yesterday. I'm not sure if I think the print magazine is gonna fly, but I think the idea of a sensible, local bike publication is a good one.

They're calling it Spoke. There's a lot of facial hair among the staff, though, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were a plethora of tattoos. They certainly don't care about the thoughts of a pushin'-60 who doesn't even live in town.

Still, I wish 'em well. I may donate to the Indiegogo, and I'll certainly look for the mag when I'm in the city next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment