Wednesday, May 20, 2015

getting better

Almost a month after my crash (I can't bring myself to call it an accident), I wrote that I couldn't do pushups, which are (were?) part of my morning exercise routine. The pain from the injury to my wrists and hands, (from putting my arms out to break my fall) made them impossible.

Well, at this point, if I use a folded towel as a pad, I can do some pushups. But with six weeks of pushup idleness, I could only do about 3/4 of my prior number earlier this week, and, even now, I'm only up to about 7/8 of what used to be my regular total. The saying goes, "If you don't use it, you lose it." I had no idea that it went that quickly.

(I wouldn't mind losing these couple-of-pounds I've put on over the past few months, either.)

No comments:

Post a Comment