Wednesday, July 22, 2015

unemployed

I've either alluded to the fact that I was having work problems, or said it outright, several times in the past couple of months. I was terminated yesterday,

I've decided that if I allow myself to fall into a slough of depression, the enemy wins. If I don't complete the day's task I've set for myself to find a new job, the enemy wins. If I miss a day of exercise, the enemy wins. If I pig out on junk food, or don't shower and shave, of don't do household chores for the day, the enemy wins.

For today anyway, I am not going to let this beat me.

Those of you who are friends, I need you now.

I've worked in social services (mostly, but not exclusively addictions) for the past thirty years. I'm looking at work in that field, but I;m also looking at other jobs where my experience might be brought to bear.

If you have any ideas, I'm open to hear them.

(FWIW, The Excellent Wife (TEW) is better than I've ever let youse-all know.)

1 comment:

  1. This so blows and sucks at the same time Jim. We're with you and will support you in every way.

    Of course the important thing, the thing that really matters, is how excellent The Excellent Wife is when you need her most.

    ReplyDelete