Wednesday, July 11, 2018

i wanna be retired

I worked Sunday, and took today off for it (I work until 6pm on Wednesdays, and hate it). The Excellent Wife (TEW) has been urging me to go ride with Team Social Security, and I went; and she was right - it was great.

It was a lovely day, and there were a number of people at the start, many of whom I knew, and some I hadn't seen in quite some time.









I got a far worse version of that one above that you're not gonna see.

There were two C-pace rides (led by Ira S and Pat VH) and a C+ today (led by Al P); I went with Al.



We took a slightly different route down to the Old World Baker in Smithville. There were fifteen of us!



That pic above is gonna be my computer background for a while.








There's some crankiness at work, and I'm just done with it. I wanna be retired, and do chores around the house, and fix up the garage, and ride with these folks three days per week, and complain about my aches and pains and failing abilities.

By the way, for a C+ ride, we brought it in at a pretty good pace. I had one sprint that brought my average up a bit, but we were cookin' right along! (Maybe I can back off on the failing abilities thing...)

No comments:

Post a Comment