Sunday, July 7, 2019

not doin' that again.


So this week's ride was basically a re-run of last week's ride, because I wanted to see if there were a better way in or out of the center where the Thomas Sweet is. Six or seven adventurers joined me: Dave S, Lynne W, Bill B, Laura OLPH, Tom H,and Robert N; Dave H found us along the route and rode with us for a while (the second time he's done that. He doesn't get it together for my early starts, so he figures where we're likely to be, and when we're likely to be there, and picks us up as we go. I'm flattered he puts in the effort).

Tom H has a way in that goes through the parking lot of an abandoned building... but the dropoff is steep; Tom fell trying to manage it. He wasn't hurt, but his controls were affected:


Yeah, that shouldn't be twisted to the inside like that. Some of us tried to move it back, but I was afraid the plastic would break before the shifter would move. It really ought to be uncabled, and then loosened and reset.

We made quite a party goin' down the hill.






Yeah, we're not doin' that again.

At Thomas Sweet:




On the way out, I tried a route that kept us off 206, on whihc we had ridden last week. Although the roue on 206 has a wide, safe shoulder, I wanted to see if going on 518 to Merrill and Montgomery Ave worked better. The Sense of the Meeting was that it did not: the shopping center parking lot was more hazardous than the road traffic.

So we're not doin' that again, either.

(But Bob N DID give me a hint about avoiding that long-enough-to-need-a-shave-afterwards traffic light at 206 and Homestead Road, and it looks good on RideWithGPS, so we might try that next time).

Ride page.

I really want to do one of my routes that goes out to Hopewell, though. Any news on when the construction on 518 near Aunt Molly Road will be bike-passable?

No comments:

Post a Comment