Friday, July 3, 2020

in lieu of an all-paces ride...

The Princeton Freewheelers board decided that an All-Paces ride for today was just not a great idea... but it felt like club members wanted to come out anyway, because a LOT of folks signed up for the Friday "Team Social Security" ride out of Etra Park today.

I out all the pictures into an album that's available on the Freewheelers website (look for the album titled, "in lieu of an All-Paces Ride"). A few of my favorites:






The Excellent Wife (TEW) came, so it counts as a date!


Al P had the exceptionally sensible idea of breaking the ride up into smaller groups, with separate leaders, all of whom would be doing the same route, but leaving at different times. We started with a group of seven; picked up two, lost one, picked up some more, and ended with ten. We did this route.

We had a couple of first-time group riders on this ride, so I made a point of sweeping in case they needed me (I'm pretty sure they didn't!). And I had a discussion with Al P about a particularly difficult tire change; I correctly guessed that part of the problem was that the tire in question was a Continental (they're always more difficult to change); I didn't guess that the other part of the problem was the extra-deep hooks on the tubeless-ready rim. Al had to cut the tire off the rim, and I'm not surprised for a minute.

I'm eagerly awaiting the day I can joint Team Social Security on a more regular basis (I hope to retire in one year, four months, and 28 days as I write this). Are you jealous?

(Seriously, go check out the photo album. Hints on seeing the pictures are at the top of the linked page.)

No comments:

Post a Comment