Tuesday, July 21, 2020

ride for july 26

It's the last Sunday of the month, so it's time for another of those nobody-dropped C+ rides.

After the last one, The Excellent Wife (TEW) dropped hints that she might come along again. Who knows? Maybe you want to nudge her along into coming, by suggesting you'll come if she does.

Start at 8:30 at the Claremont School, 175 Claremont Road, Franklin. Lots of parking; porta-potty in back (reasonably clean). About 20 minutes later, more or less, we should be passing the Blackwells Mills/Six Mile lot near 625 Canal Road in Franklin, if you want us to pick you up there.

Please register if you plan to come out, and let me know where you intend to start with us. I had no registrants last week, so I cancelled the ride. I'm hoping the no-registrants thing was because of the heat, rather than my upsetting people. (There is no bottom to my insecurity, especially in view of my sometimes-unpopular opinions.) Pre-registrants are pre-printed on the sign-in, so we don't have to do that passing-of-the-pen ballet.

Last time I did one of these, the average was 12.6mph, so let that be a guide.

32-ish miles. Route here. A few annoying hills, but I've avoided the worst of 'em (trust me; I ride these roads often enough to know where they are). We'll do a side trip through the old Epileptics Village. Plan to stop at Bessie Grover Park and at the Thomas Sweet in Montgomery (they have coffee and snacks, but the toilets aren't available yet).

Usual PFW rules apply, as well as special COVID-19 rules. As I suggested last week, everybody's at different points on the defense-against-COVID-19 web. Try to act with a thought to a person who's being one degree more cautious than you are.

Hope to see some of youse, especially if I haven't seen youse in a while. (And maybe contact TEW, will youse?)

No comments:

Post a Comment