Sunday, August 9, 2020

everybody wants to ride


I had to turn away people today.

And The Excellent Wife (TEW), who led a C ride starting only a few miles away from another C ride, led by a popular leader, had a few takers.

I listed a ride limited to ten. I had two who wanted to sign up after capacity had been reached; I invited the first after I heard about a cancellation. (There was another cancellation that I didn't hear about until the ride had already started. Sorry...)

We're doing the thing where I start at the Claremont school, and pick up some at another point along the way (the temporary suspension of the need to sign in has made this easier; I'm gonna lobby for extension of this policy when the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions are lifted, because it's that convenient). So those of us who started together picked up, first Laura OLPH, who apparently got tired of waiting and rode up the route to meet us, and then Dave H, at the Griggstown Firehouse.



Two more were to meet us a bit farther along, but when we got there, there were five. To maintain the COVID restrictions, I asked the others not to ride with us. They followed, but a bit later, I asked them to go on ahead (they were faster, after all...)

We proceeded along the route, and picked up Peter G (we were one down from the ten, after all), he showed us another route through a neighborhood and a path before we got to the ETS property. It was pleasant and added a bit of distance, and maybe I'll do it again (but maybe not...).

On we went to the Boro Bean.




Bike pics!



Those cruisers are pretty, aren't they?



Somebody noticed I had a broken spoke while we were stopped. I stuck it where it wouldn't get hung up. The wheel was true enough to proceed (and I fixed it after I got home; I had ordered extra spokes when I built the wheel).

Some of the folks from my ride went off, and the few folks who met us earlier were at the Bean, so they came along! After the break, we headed on, but with the newer, faster folks along, we split up, and I had to collect the gang and be careful to keep folks together.

At Burnt Hill, about half of my group rolled off, and the rest of us went back to the school. I got to show off a few of those Hillsborough paved paths I like so much.

Ride page.

No comments:

Post a Comment