Monday, August 17, 2020

ride for 8/23

Yeah, so I didn't get it together to list a ride last week until late, and there were no registrants, and then we got rained out anyway. Let's try again. More-or-less the same route as a month ago (it probably won't be exactly that, but it'll be close), 35-ish miles; 8:30 start at the Claremont School, 175 Claremont Road in Franklin. Lots of parking. Porta-potty is gone, but if you're discrete and not too fussy... (I've been scouting out a few other porta-potties. What is wrong with me that I've taken on this particular project?)

About 8:45-9 I expect we'll pass the Blackwells Mills/Six Mile lot, so we can pick you up there, or other places along the route. Let me know if you want to do it that way, and where you're gonna be.

Plan on a stop at the Thomas Sweet. We'll go by the site of the shuttered Philly Pretzel Factory; I may need a moment to shed a tear. You can get a pale substitute pretzel at the Wawa, but it's nowhere near as good. (They were the emptiest of empty calories, so I needed to be on a ride to justify 'em. There's one more source I know of, but I don't ride out of Bordentown that frequently...)

The usual club rules and special COVID-19 rules apply. I'll have your phone and emergency numbers when you register, so we can avoid the sign-in-sheet awkwardness.

Plan on the usual Plain Jim low B pace (Al P's C+ rides are faster than my B rides). Registration required; if there are no registrants, I'm gonna go bother somebody else. But I do hope to see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment