Thursday, September 2, 2010

did it

I did the side job I was complaining about in my last post. It meant almost 200 miles of driving there and back (and h-ll, NJ isn't that big). But the far southwest of Jersey might as well be a different country - or a different planet - from the dense metropolitan northeast. I did an assessment on an adolescent in a county so sparsely populated that it shares a juvenile detention facility with a neighboring county. The assessment went fine, but now I gotta do the writeup. I sent a preliminary report without the narrative to the court, and I'm having a hard time writing the narrative. The clinical director of this program has, in the past, been difficult (although I hear the leopard has changed his spots), so I'm trying to get the language right. It doesn't help that I don't have access to all the forms (I was sent on this case by the backup to the backup to the regular dispatcher; everybody else is on vacation).

I'll send it in tomorrow or over the weekend. It's supposed to be in within five days, but we got this Labor Day weekend coming up. Too bad!

Supposedly a light day tomorrow, and coworker comes back Tuesday after the holiday. deo gratias, alleluia.

No comments:

Post a Comment