Monday, April 11, 2011

4/11 gedanken entropy

Just some random thoughts...

I keep hearing that the TeaBaggers want to dismantle Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. While this is troubling, I'm reminded of the flip side of the problem of politics. Because politics is (usually) a game of compromise, you never get much of what you want. But because it's a game of compromise, you seldom lose all of what you need, also.

Weight's up a bit; over the past week or so, I'm trending at above 175, almost 176. I've decided no new toys, especially bike toys, until I'm back below 175 (I've started a weight-loss regimen to achieve this). Maintenance items like chains and cleats don't count. (Hand-me-down wo0l jersey is showing its age, with many holes and ravelling seams, but it's a neat graphic with Fuji and Suntour logos, so I'm reluctant to give it up - and any replacement will be somewhere between $75-150!)

Total mileage on this drive train now: 884; total miles since January 1: 558 (so I have over half of the expected miles for Anchor House training already). The leader of Saturday's ride said that I'd probably spend most of the spring and summer training with the Anchor House folks and wouldn't see much of the Freewheelers until after the ride. That's disappointing, if it's true. On the one side, I'd like to meet some of the Anchor House folks; on the other side, I don't want to cut off the Freewheelers - I haven't ridden with the old guys, or even seen Don Sprague yet!

Regina's home; time to go be a good husband. We've been married fourteen years tomorrow. How the heck did that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment