Wednesday, May 9, 2012

millionshort.com

OK. I exercise every morning, and daily exercise is deadly boring. I do it because if I don't, stuff either hurts, doesn't work right, or both (besides, if I keep my weight down, I can go whippin' up those hills a smidge faster). To alleviate the boredom, I have a selection of podcasts to which I listen while I'm yankin' on the oars of the rowing machine and doin' the pushups and the crunches and such.

One of the podcasts I listen to is Geekspeak, from KUSP radio.

GeekSpeak.Org logo

It's about technology, computers, and such, but it's also about science and math, and influences on politics, ethcs, and culture. On this week's show, they did a bit about a cool search engine, Millionshort.com.

Millionshort Logo

The cool thing about this search engine is that it strips off the first million results from anything you search for. I've just given it two quick tries this morning, and I was surprised with what I came up with. I've gotta play with it some more; I want to see if I know as much as I think I do.

Play with it, and let me know what you come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment