Sunday, September 16, 2012

on fire ride (not really)

So, as I wrote yesterday, Laura OLPH planned a ride that was flat and short for those of us who were recuperating, either from trauma (Ron S) or illness (me). We did this route. Laura and I started at her house and rode to Mercer Park East to pick up Ron, Pennsylvanians Joe M & Dave C, Tom M, Ed C, and new slug Mark (with whom I've ridden on some of Ira's rides).

I had no idea how to dress, and wound up a bit cold at the start with my single layer, long-sleeve jersey, and a little too hot at the end (arm warmers would probably have been a better idea). The route followed the 25-mile Ride for McBride route.

It was another beautiful day. This is my time of year, now through the end of autumn: the air is clear, cooler weather is coming; the light brings out the colors in a way that I never see in high summer.

We stayed together. At different times, different riders went off the front; no one person was obviously always ahead or pushing the pace. I had a lot of fun today.

But I'm tired now; I almost didn't do this post today (but I';m afraid I'd forget to if I put it off). On the way back, Laura said that she thought I was "on fire" and that the forced rest had been good for me. While it's true I was strong on the hills, and was able to pull into the headwind, I certainly don't feel "on fire" now. I'm planning an early-to bed tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment