Saturday, September 15, 2012

recovery ride

After two weeks of being ill, I decided to take it easy today, and instead of doing a hilly over-to-Pennsylvania-and-back ride with Cheryl, I went on Ira's flat, low-pressure ride out of Cranbury; we did this route. The most important things about the ride for me:
  • I completed! AND I got two pretty good sprints in, one of which showed up on my Strava page;
  • I saw Ron S's new ride (which is handsome). Flat-black carbon Cannondale, with SRAM Red goodies. Nice. (Ron is the guy who went down a couple of months ago after the mysterious wheel dissolve; this is the first time I've ridden with him since then.)
  • I also saw Ken L, with whom I've ridden rarely since HIS accident over a year ago.
No extra miles on this ride, because I wasn't sure I was going to be able to complete even the regular route. I did forget my water bottles, and had to borrow one from Al L... and I was weak near the end for not eating enough. I've gained a few pounds that I just can't lose, and I haven't yet found the balance between eating enough to maintain the exertion of the ride, and eating little enough to get down to my goal weight. I also hammered out a nap this afternoon, and might hammer out another one.

Edit: What I didn't say when I wrote this, and what I meant to say, was that it was a beautiful day, and, although it was a bit cool to start, it was a great temperature for a ride (although there were headwinds on the way back). My limited recuperation from my illness did not interfere with that part of my enjoyment of the day.

Tomorrow, Laura OLPH has promised a flat 43 miles out of Mercer Park East. I may add some miles to that one; we'll see how I feel in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment