Thursday, November 28, 2013

folding bicycle helmet

Laura OLPH sent me this link to an article about a folding bicycle helmet.


I've seen a number of articles about it, and there was a Kickstarter campaign that raised the requested amount. I've seen other articles about other folding helmets; this one actually looks like it will offer the protection that conventional cycle helmets do (as some did not; I saw one, that I can't find now, that had some kind of honeycomb-folding-arrangement that looked like it would crush under thumb pressure).

Is the problem with helmets, though, that they are bulky? I don't think so. For helmets to be more widely adopted, I think they need at least one, and maybe both, of two things. First, at least some have to NOT look like racer helmets - probably better they look like conventional hats of some type. And second, they gotta solve the problem of helmet hair. Do either (or preferably both) of those, and that helmet will probably win wide acceptance.

Don't we wish.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete