Thursday, April 19, 2012

gps art

Laura OLPH forwarded this piece from Grist about a bicyclist who's using his GPS tracks to draw pictures:
GPS dragon! Whoo!
I've heard of people doing it elsewhere, but now Laura is interested. She suggested the Hill Slugs do a slug, but I protest that a slug is too amorphous to be recognizable (would you recognize a slug?). I think seasonal designs might be fun: a bunny at Easter, a witch at Halloween. (If we were really bein' true to the Hill Slugs, we'd have a bunch of riders gossiping & joking over coffee... but that might require more detail than the GPS would permit.)

2 comments:

  1. http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1100411

    Maybe I should just not do this until we get a rainy weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAH! I'm honored. And about 50 miles; we could do it!

    ReplyDelete