Thursday, February 2, 2012

maybe form team for franklin ride

Once the Tour de Franklin website is updated, I'll plan to have this email sent out to the membership of the Princeton Freewheelers:

Text Begins

This year’s Tour de Franklin, a ride in support of the Franklin Township Food Bank, is scheduled for April 29. In past years, they have had a number of rides, including a short ride for mountain bikes & hybrids on the D&R Canal Towpath, and road rides of various lengths up to a 62-mile metric century.


I’d like to form a team of Freewheelers to support this ride. The cost of the ride last year was about $50, with no additional fundraising required (although additional donations are gratefully accepted). Riders got a t-shirt and goody bag and were entered in various raffles; lunch was provided at the end of the ride.


If we can form a team of at least four riders, the Freewheelers will make an additional donation of $100 in the club’s name. The requirements are listed on the Archives page of the Freewheelers website. If we get the team of at least four, I’ll send the initial email; each team member will then need to send an individual email to PFWGiving.


Weather permitting, I plan to ride the metric century. Since I can be relied on to get lost, I’d be glad for the company (and the navigation assistance). However, there is no requirement that the team all ride the same route in order to get the support money from the Freewheelers.


You can reply by posting a comment on the Tour de Franklin post of my new site project, Charity Rides – Central NJ (scroll down until you get to that post). I look forward to hearing from you, and I hope that the Freewheelers can form a team for this ride.


Text Ends


Let's see if that gets any bites. The fee is low enough that it shouldn't lock too many people out, and if it works for this, we might be able to pry some cash out of the Board for the Cory's Ride and McBride Ride, as well. Note If you're gonna reply, please post at the Tour de Franklin post of my new site project, Charity Rides – Central NJ rather than here. I can use the traffic!

No comments:

Post a Comment