Sunday, June 21, 2020

in lieu of father's day ride

I'm not a father, and mine is deceased, as is my father-in-law, so we didn't have any special plans for the day, and I didn't schedule a club ride for today due to the threat of rain (that did not, in fact, materialize [nor did it for yesterday]). I took advantage of the free time to do another early ride today that was almost the same route as yesterday's.

A couple of things to note: First, at 8:06 this morning, the Blackwells Mills/Six Mile lot, from which I used to like to start, looked like this:





A little busy; I don't know what I think about starting from there yet. Do youse have any thoughts?

Between 9:30 and 10:00 I passed by the two lots at the Griggstown Causeway. One was better (by River Road):


... but the other really wasn't:



And that chain at Day Lily Court on the path I like to use between there and Magill is still high enough to cause problems; you'll want to avoid it (stay on the sidewalk and roll down a convenient driveway):



And I'm happy to report that both the gents' and the ladies' restrooms at Veterans' Park in Montgomery were unlocked (yes, I checked both doors; no, I didn't look any further into the ladies' restroom. Sheesh).

Finally, there's a bit of a tempest in a teapot at the Freewheelers Facebook Page after I posted about my speed on yesterday's ride. If you find that kind of thing off-putting, you may not want to look at the average speed on today's ride page.

Weather and schedule permitting, I'm planning to list a C+ ride for next week. I hope to see some of my not-quite regulars.

No comments:

Post a Comment