Wednesday, June 3, 2020

ride for june 7

OK. I'm planning to do a Princeton Freewheelers Club Ride on June 7, starting at 9am.

First, this ride will be subject to the current COVID-19 club rules. That means having face coverings, limits on the number of riders, and keeping your distance. I'm limiting this ride to ten riders, and pre-registration is expected required.

As far as signing the sheet: if you've been out with me, and you pre-register, it's likely I'll have your information pre-printed on the sheet. You'll only have to sign. You can bring your own pen, or you can have me sign for you if you'd like.

We will be starting from the Claremont School, 175 Claremont Road, Franklin, NJ. The last time I was at Blackwells Mills, the lots looked like this:



We are NOT gettin' in to park there.

There are no toilets at the Claremont School. I expect we will pass a couple of porta-potties, but some folks would rather not use them, due to fears of the surfaces, or the quality of the air inside. I will plan to stop if people want to respond to (ahem) renal emergencies on the ride (I respect that you might not want our full attention at the time!). If you DO choose to use the porta-potties, this article from the New York Times suggests that you can greatly reduce your exposure to the virus by flapping the door vigorously a few times.

We will also not stop at a store for a break. I will stop at about mile 20 on this 30-mile ride for a break at Veteran's Park in Montgomery. Bring your own sustenance.

Probable route.

9am start. I hope to see a few of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment